Tooth Extractions – Covington, LA
Building a Healthier Foundation
for Your Smile
At MoreSMILES Dental, we understand that no substitution can compare to your natural teeth. That’s why we’ll always try to save them whenever possible. However, in certain situations, the only way that we can prevent additional tooth loss is by removing a severely infected or damaged tooth. Once we extract it, we can restore your smile with one of our customized restorations, like an implant-retained crown. Learn more about tooth extractions from our Covington, LA dentist here or contact us today.
Why Choose MoreSMILES Dental for
- In-House Dental Implant Treatment
- Relaxing, Spa-Like Amenities
Common Reasons for Tooth Extraction
There are several reasons why we may suggest a tooth extraction in Covington for one of our patients. These include:
- Wisdom teeth are impacted below the gumline
- Tooth decay has progressed past the point of treatment
- Gum disease has caused a permanent tooth to become loose
- Overcrowding prevents you from getting orthodontic treatment
- A tooth has broken near the gum line and isn’t repairable
During your appointment, we’ll discuss all of your options with you and make sure that you have the knowledge necessary to make the best decision for your oral health.
If the tooth that needs to be extracted is above the gum line, the process is relatively simple. We’ll begin by numbing the area with a local anesthetic to make sure that you don’t feel any pain. Using a gentle back and forth motion, we’ll lift the tooth to help it slip out of its socket. To grab a hold of the tooth and gently remove it, we’ll use a pair of forceps, which are similar in design to tweezers.