Dental Checkups & Teeth Cleanings – Covington, LA
Avoid Dental Problems
From The Start
These days, everyone is busy. But, paradoxically, the best way to save time on dental appointments is by scheduling routine dental care. Most patients only need two visits a year to keep their dental health on track and prevent cavities, gum problems, and other issues from ever developing (or minimize them when they do occur). If it’s been a while since your last preventive dentistry visit, contact our dental office today to schedule dental checkups and teeth cleanings with our Covington, LA dentist. Your smile will thank you!
Why Choose MoreSMILES Dental for
Dental Checkups & Teeth Cleanings?
- Cost-Effective In-House Savings Plan
- We Accept Dental Insurance
- Able to Treat Patients of All Ages
Why Are Dental Checkups and Teeth Cleanings So Important?
One of the most common questions we hear is, “Why should I come in if I’m not having pain or problems?” The answer can be summed up in one word: prevention. By having one of our highly-trained, experienced dentists look at your teeth and gums regularly, you’ll be proactive about finding small problems when they can still be treated with simple procedures. In many cases, dental problems don’t cause pain until the later stages, at which point you may need a dental crown or root canal (or both).
Also, don’t forget that the reason dental insurance typically covers checkups and cleanings at 100% is that they know preventative care leads to less major dental work. Simply put, routine visits result in fewer problems that need to be addressed, which everyone can agree is a good thing.
In a Dental Checkup?
We often hear from our patients that our checkups are the most thorough dental exams they’ve ever received. These visits are so much more than a simple “cavity check,” although that’s certainly an important part of it. Below is just some of what your checkup will include:
- We know that there’s a link between your oral and general health, so we’ll begin by updating and reviewing your medical history.
- To make sure we aren’t missing anything, we’ll take X-rays as needed (usually once per year). This shows us what we can’t see visually such as what’s happening inside your teeth, underneath your existing fillings and crowns, and inside your jaws.
- Oral cancer has been on the rise, but with early detection, the survival rates are high. We take this condition very seriously, so both your dentist and hygienist will perform a simple, fast oral cancer screening at each visit.
- Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss and also increases your risk for many diseases such as Alzheimer’s and diabetes. To catch gum problems early, we’ll do a gum exam once a year and make treatment recommendations as necessary.
- Our goal is to improve your oral health and overall well-being, so we’ll also evaluate you for sleep apnea, TMJ disorder, snoring, and headaches.
- Lastly, we’ll closely examine your teeth and existing dental work to determine whether you have any treatment needs, explain our findings, and answer any questions you may have.
What Is a Professional Teeth Cleaning Like?
Each of our friendly, gentle hygienists is passionate about helping you achieve a healthy smile through great oral hygiene. Since even the most diligent patients aren’t able to remove all the plaque and tartar from their teeth and gums, regular dental cleanings are a big part of preventing bad breath, cavities, and gum disease.
Using special tools to clean your teeth, we’ll make sure you stay comfortable from start to finish. We’ll also polish and floss to make your teeth look and feel fantastic. To help you maintain everything at home, you’ll also get personalized oral hygiene tips, including the best tools and products to use when brushing and flossing.