James A. Moreau, Jr., D.D.S.
Cosmetic Dentist serving Covington, Mandeville, Slidell, Metairie, & New Orleans Louisiana
Having had dental injuries himself as a teenager, Dr. Moreau had a personal appreciation for how much a smile means to someone. His own experience led him to choose dentistry as a career.
For 23 years, he has devoted his practice to providing optimal patient care as 1st priority. His consideration is, first and foremost, what's in the patient's best interest. He desires to help each patient achieve his or her highest possible level of oral health, and at a pace that's comfortable for them. The main goal of the cosmetic aspect of his practice is to help people improve their overall self-image by creating the smile they've always dreamed of having.
Technically, Dr. Moreau has achieved a level of dentistry that many dentists don't even know exists. He is a graduate of the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, the world's premier post-graduate dental teaching center, and has studied at the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Scientific Sessions in Puerto Rico, Vancouver, Boston, San Antonio, Hawaii, Orlando, and Nashville. Less than 2% of all dentists have achieved this level of education.
Dr. Moreau is a student of occlusion (relationship of upper and lower teeth when someone bites down) and how it affects both the longevity of natural and restored teeth. He believes that many people destroy their teeth not only with tooth decay and gum disease, but also by wearing down and fracturing their teeth while grinding. One focus of his practice is to assure longevity of not only the natural teeth, but also of dental work needed to improve health and appearance.
His dentistry studies in neuromuscular dentistry in regard to relieving headaches, neck pain and proper function have opened his eyes to a whole new area of helping patients have better quality of life.
Perhaps Dr. Moreau's greatest joy in his professional life has been seeing the positive impact a smile makeover can have on patients' lives. With the renewed self-confidence that's a by-product of a healthy, beautiful smile, many patients have seen dramatic improvements in their careers, their social life and in their overall outlook on life. Surveys have shown that nine out of 10 people agree that an attractive smile is an important social asset, almost 90% of both men and women say they always remember someone with an especially attractive smile, 75% of adults agree that an unattractive smile can hurt someone's chances for a successful career, and more than 8 of 10 patients agree that an unattractive smile makes a person less appealing to people of the opposite sex.
CREDENTIALS THAT COUNT
Current Curriculum Vitae and current Biographical:
- Owner / Dentist More SMILES Dental Spa Covington, LA (www.moresmiles.com)
- 8 team members and one Doctor Associate , Dr. Israel Finger, Prosthodontic Specialist
- At-Large Member, Louisiana State Board of Dentistry
- Speaker/Presenter for Biolase LASER Company
- Provider, P3 Mouthwear (www.p3mouthwear.com)
- State Coordinator and Senatorial / Congressional Contact Dentist, American Dental Association.
- Cosmetic Dental Consultant, NFL New Orleans Saintsations
- Provider, Donated Dental Services
- Deacon, First Baptist Church, Covington, LA
- Youth Bible Fellowship Teacher, FBC Covington, LA
- Assistant Boy Scout Leader, BSA Troop 111, STUMC, Mandeville, LA
- Doctorate, Dental Surgery, LSU School of Dentistry, 1980
- BA, Biology, University of New Orleans, 1977
- Jesuit High School New Orleans, class of '72
- Christian Brothers Elementary School, City Park, NOLA
- St. Pius X Elementary School, Lakeview, NOLA
Past work experiences of significance:
- EMT, Charity Hospital of New Orleans, 1973
- Research Associate, LSUSD, 1974 to 1976
- EMT, Mercy Hospital of New Orleans, 1977
- Associate Professorship, Departments of General Dentistry and Fixed Prosthodontics, 1980 to 1987
- Associate for Dr. Edward Levy in NOLA, June 1980 to May, 1981
- Practiced on North Shore, June 1981 to present
Member of :
- International Academy of Comprehensive Aesthetics
- American Dental Association, Grassroots Coordinator for Louisiana
- Louisiana Dental Association, Past Delegate to House
- Northlake Dental Association, Past President, vice-President, Secretary, Board of Governors
- Fellow, Pierre Fauchard Honorary Dental Society
- Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry
- Member, Academy of Sports Dentistry
- Member, Doctors for Oral Conscious Sedation
Past affiliations with:
- New Orleans Dental Association, Coordinator of Audio-Visual needs for Annual Conference ( 1980-1985 )
- American Equilibration Society, Member ( 2004 )
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Sustaining Member( 1996 - 2009 )
Journals that articles or interviews have appeared in:
- Contemporary Esthetics and Restorative Practice. Veneer Case
- Dental Economics. Geriatric Aesthetic Dentistry
- Journal, Louisiana Dental Association. Guest Editorial- Federal HMO Bill's Impact on Private Practices in United States
- Journal, Louisiana Dental Association. Effective Hill Visits with Grassroots Team Members
Lectures Given / Speaking Engagements:
- Northlake Dental Association. Louisiana's Informed Consent Act. Destin, Fla
- Northlake Dental Association. Management of Difficult Chronic Halitosis Cases. Covington, LA
- Biolase LASER Company. Use of dental all-tissue LASER in General Practice. Baton Rouge, LA
- Biolase LASER Company. Use of dental all-tissue LASER in General Practice. Jackson, MS.
- Biolase LASER Company. Use of dental all-tissue LASER in General Practice. Oxford, AL
- Biolase LASER Company. Art and Science, All-tissue LASER as it applies to all specialties of Dental Practice. Birmingham, AL
- Biloase LASER Company.Presenter at Exhibit Booth, NODA/LDA Annual Meeting. New Orleans, LA
- Biolase LASER Company. Use of Dental LASERs and application to Social Network marketing. Shreveport, LA
- Biolase LASER Company. Use of dental all-tissue LASER in General Practice. New Orleans, LA
- American Dental Association Political Action Committee, Orientation to Political Action through the ADA, a talk with Senior Dental Students
- AGD dinner for Senior Dental Students Sponsored by Patterson Dental Co. in conjunction with Biolase LASER Company. Use of dental all-tissue LASER in General Practice. SanAntonio, TX
- Crescent City Study Club Use of dental all-tissue LASER in General Practice. New Orleans, LA
TV and Radio Appearances:
- WTIX Let's Talk It over with Joe Culotta. Answering callers' questions about Dental subjects.
- WDSU TV Morning News. Margaret Orr interview. Prevention of Periodontal Disease.
- St. Tammany Parish Cable Show. New Technology in your Dentist's Office.
- WASO Radio Talk Show Dentaphobia and it's Management, Covington, LA
- WHMD Talk Show hosted by Dr. Doug Walker, Management of fear in children in the dental environment. Hammond, LA.
- WWL TV. Changing Faces New Orleans ( two episodes ). Smile makeovers and total makeovers for Deserving Locals.
- Makkar Advantage. Preparation for Remote Acquisition of Neuromuscular Scans in a Professional Team Training Camp Scenario. NFL New Orleans Saints Training Camp. Kenner, LA
- WWL TV. Meg Ryan. Pure Power Mouth guards for the NFL New Orleans Saints and how Neuromuscular Technology improves athletic performance.
- Inside DFW. Interview by Linda Cooper host of Inside DFW during GM 2011
- Superbowl Event about P3 Performance Mouthwear at P3 Suite
Miscellaneous Awards and Certifications:
- Licensed to practice Dentistry, Louisiana
- Graduate, Charter Class, LSU Compendium for Cosmetic Dentistry
- Permitted for Adult Enteral Conscious Sedation, Louisiana
- Grader, Council of Interstate Testing Agencies
- Alumnus, Las Vegas institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- Branemark Certified Implant Provider
- Invisalign Certification, Discus Dental, Atlanta, GA
- Award of Excellence, ADA Legislative Grassroots Program
- CEREC Trained
- LASER Certification, Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- LASER Certification, World Clinical LASER Institute.
- Clear Correct Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified, AHA
- Private Pilot's License
- Donated Dental Services - volunteer dentist treating physically and mentally handicapped adult and teens.
- All-Saints Free Dental Clinic - board member and volunteer dentist (1996-2007)
- Volunteer Missions of Mercy Audubon Zoo Victims of Katrina effort
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition Volunteer restoring First Emmanuel Baptist Church in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity's Musician's Village, New Orleans, LA
- Boy Scout Leader and Merit Badge Counselor, Boy Scouts of America
- Involved with Safe Harbor Northshore Shelter for Women and Children
- Married to Julie Brigman Moreau since 10-15-83
- Four Children -Daughters Madelaine and Annelise, Twin Sons Alex and Adam.